NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: Silicon Ridge, Inc., 467 Ferne Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94306
2. ADMINISTRATOR: Ventura Associates, Inc., 1040 Sixth Avenue, New York, NY 10018, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding with respect to the “HALO LEGENDS HEROES JOURNEY SWEEPSTAKES” (“Sweepstakes”). This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by FACEBOOK, nor is FACEBOOK associated with the Sweepstakes in any way. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Sweepstakes must be directed to the Sponsor or Administrator, and not to FACEBOOK.
3. ENTRY: During the period commencing at 12:00:01 A.M. Eastern Standard Time ("EST"), January 26, 2010 and ending at 11:59:59 P.M. EST, March 2, 2010 (“Entry Period”), this Sweepstakes may only be entered via the Internet by logging in to http://HLSweeps.com (“Website”) and following the onscreen instructions to complete all required fields on the online entry form to automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes (“Entry”). You may obtain additional entries by obtaining Halo Legends Heroes Journey Sweepstakes Codes (“Codes”) at http://HaloLegendsDVD.com, http://Facebook.com/HaloLegendsDVD, http://MySpace.com/HaloLegendsDVD, http://Twitter.com/HaloLegendsDVD. You may return to the Application site and enter each unique Code; upon doing so, you will automatically receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes for each eligible unique Code you enter. You can enter multiple Codes daily, but each unique Code may only be used once. You will also be prompted to “Invite your friends” if you so desire. Each time you send a Halo Legends Heroes Journey invite to a Facebook friend via the Halo Legends Heroes Journey Application and they accept it, you will receive one (1) additional sweepstakes entry. For purposes of these Official Rules (“Rules”), all times and days are Eastern Standard Time. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply.
4. LIMITATIONS: All Entries must be received by 11:59:59 P.M. EST on March 2, 2010. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name, the e-mail address the Entry originated from, is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 3 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited. Open only to persons, who are, as of Entry, registered users of FACEBOOK, 18 years of age or older, legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada, except the Province of Quebec (collectively, “Territory”) and are not employees of Sponsor, Warner Bros., 343 Industries, FACEBOOK, Inc., or Administrator; their respective parent companies, subsidiaries or affiliated companies; or the advertising, promotional or fulfillment agencies of any of them (individually and collectively, “Entities”); nor members of their households or immediate families (defined as parents, children and their spouses). Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider, Website or other connections; miscommunications; failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines or technical failure; failed phone, computer hardware or software, failures, technical errors or difficulties; telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant’s email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified. Void in all U.S. possessions and territories, the Province of Quebec and where prohibited. Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Sweepstakes is governed by U.S. law.
5. PRIZES: ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: A three (3) day / two (2) night trip for winner and one (1) guest, who must be over the age of 18, (“Group”) to Redmond, WA (“City”), on Sponsor selected dates (“Trip”) consisting of the following elements for the Group:  a visit to 343 Industries for a private screening and chance to meet some of the creative team behind Halo Legends, subject to availability, scheduling and Sponsor’s sole discretion,  hotel accommodations (one standard room/double occupancy, including room tax) for two (2) nights,  if winner’s residence is located more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from the City, round-trip coach air transportation on a Sponsor-selected carrier between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near winner’s residence (“airport of origin”) and a Sponsor-selected major airport in or near the City; but if winner’s residence is located less than two hundred fifty (250) miles from the City, round-trip ground transportation via a Sponsor-selected method between winners’ residence and the hotel,  airport/hotel transfers,  ground transportation to and from 343 Industries;  $600 awarded as a cash check in the winner’s name; and  an Xbox 360 Elite and Halo Legends 2 Disc Special Edition DVD or Blu-ray. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Grand Prize: $3,530, which will vary depending upon points of departure and destination and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner’s responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the winner’s residence and any airport of origin, alcoholic beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates and Sponsor’s approval. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Grand Prize winner must take Trip on Sponsor-selected dates, or Grand Prize will be forfeited in its entirety and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate winner if time permits. Travel must be made through Sponsor’s agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Releasees are not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. THREE (3) FIRST PRIZES: One (1) X-Box 360 Elite, Halo Legends 2 Disc Special Edition DVD or Blu-ray (ARV: $330). TEN (10) SECOND PRIZES: Halo Legends Standard Edition DVD (ARV: $20). Total ARV of all prizes: $4,720. Prize values are stated in U.S. dollars. Limit one prize per person/per FACEBOOK account. If the actual value of a prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded. Any depiction of prizes is for illustrative purposes only. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except a Grand Prize is transferable to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers, certificates or prizes. Prize elements may not be separated. Airline tickets issued in conjunction with the Grand Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles, and no code share flights may be used. Grand Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prizes will be awarded assuming a sufficient number of entries are received. Prizes will be awarded at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. PROCEDURES: All Entries must be received during the Entry Period. A random drawing to award all prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The random drawing will be conducted on or about 3/16/2010 by the Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period.
7. WINNERS: On or about April 3, 2010, the potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by email and/or overnight delivery service. First Prize and Second Prize Winners will be notified by email and/or mail within 3 business days of the drawing. All legal responsibilities under the Rules of a minor (as defined by state of primary residence) will be assumed by a parent/legal guardian (“Parent”); If Grand Prize is won by a minor, it will be awarded in the name of the Parent. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner’s failure to respond to notice within seven (7) calendar days after mailing;  the return of any notice or prize as undeliverable;  potential winner’s failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential Grand Prize winner’s failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within seven (7) business days after its mailing;  potential Grand Prize winner’s failure to be available to make the Trip on Sponsor-selected dates;  potential First Prize and Second Prize winners’ failure to claim a prize within seven (7) days after notification is sent; and  any other non-compliance with Rules. Canadian residents, to win, must first correctly answer a mathematical skill testing question without assistance of any kind whether mechanical or otherwise to be declared a winner and be eligible to collect a prize. All First Prizes and Second Prizes for qualified winners will be delivered within 8 – 10 weeks of the confirmation of all winners. In the event of any prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. Winner and Guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (i.e. valid photo I.D, etc.) before departure. Guest will be required to execute a Release of Liability prior to ticketing. If the winner is a minor, s/he must be accompanied on Trip by his/her Parent/Legal Guardian as the Guest. All taxes are solely the responsibility of the winner; and the Grand Prize winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of his/her prize.